Sunday 17 March 2013

Honey is a Fairy Wrap Up

Honey is a Fairy Wrap Up

The good, the bad and the things that will be better next time!

:)
 
 
Just a quick wrap up, going through what worked and what didn't so I can improve on the whole design and have a better for the next attempt!
 
 
In the above photo you can see the bulkiness of where the skirt joins the main part of the outfit.
The material did look very nice (both the awful stretchy slippery stuff, and the chiffon), but next time I'll be combining a more straight forward material. The chiffon was perfect though, so I will continue to use that.
I still love the petalling on the skirt, but next time I won't put the straight skirt underneath, I'll have it all petalled. I especially like the two toned overlapping petals, but I am thinking I may change the two tone theme for a three toned skirt with three different layers, each a different colour.
 
To combat the bulky connection, I'm going to try attaching each layer seperately so they're not all bunched up in one spot.
 

Honey has pretty much reached full size now so I'm going to take the plunge and make the next one with shorter chest straps so I'm not tempted into laziness. This next one is definately getting velcro to do it up!
 
I'm going to make it drop alot lower on her body so it covers her chest properly!!!
I'd also like to make the stomach strap wider, and cut it out and sew it as part of the costume rather than making them seperately and attaching them afterwards.
 
So after a minor setback on the road to awsomeness I'm going to go away and redesign the whole outfit and hopefully end up with something way nicer. At the very least I have managed to get the basics down pat, and I've also learned a bit about what does and doesn't work so well together.
I will work through the wing process once I have a respectable costume to attach them too!
Check back for Honey is a Fairy Round 2!
 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment