Saturday 23 March 2013

Honey is a Pink Fairy - Part 2

Honey is a Pink Fairy

Sewing!

 
The next step once the fabric is cut to shape and pinned together is the sewing!!
 

 
Now that I've sewn in cotton, I LOVE it!!!! Best fabric EVER!! Pretty colours, easy to pin, easy to cut and easy to sew!!!!
I am definately a convert to Team Cotton!
 
As you can see my cutting still has a little way to go, but my stitches are as straight as can be!! : )
 
The good thing about sewing it this way is that the rough edges from cutting are never seen! They'll be hidden away inside the costume.
 
Can't forget to leave that gap so I can turn it right way out!!!
 

To prevent the stitches coming loose when I end a section, I always reverse a little bit(still sewing) and then go back over the section to secure it. It only has to be about a cm, you can see in the picture where I have gone back over my stitches it looks a bit darker. 
I also often start sections with this reversal for security. 
The exception to the rule is when gathering is involved.  Both ends have to be left open so the thread can be pulled through, gathering the material.
 
: )
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment